Effective Date: July 24, 2019
1. Personal Data We Collect
1.1. Send Us a Request Form on the Website:
• Your name, e-mail address, phone number, company name – information you submit to us in “Send Us a Request” form.
We may use this data for the following purposes:
• We need this information to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. We may use this data to communicate with you and personalize our communications with you in order to take the above-mentioned steps. For example, we may contact you by phone and (or) email and (or) other means of communications to provide you with our response to your request sent to us, discuss details of your request, provide you with our proposal for your request and (or) templates of our contracts, license agreements, discuss their terms and make changes in them, exchange signed copies of contracts between you and EffectiveSoft, etc. We may store such data from the moment of your request sent to us and until the moment of entering into a contract.
• We need this information to perform a contract concluded between you and EffectiveSoft and provide services to you under the contract mentioned above. For example, we may contact you by phone and (or) email and (or) other means of communications to inform you and discuss with you details of software application licensed to you and (or) services implemented for you under a contract. We may store such data during the term of a contract concluded between you and EffectiveSoft.
• EffectiveSoft has a legitimate interest in getting to know the User’s preferences so as to enable us to better personalize our offers and ultimately offer products and services that better meet the needs and desires of the Users. So, we need this information to offer products and services that better meet the needs and desires of the Users. For example, we may contact you in future by phone and (or) email and (or) other means of communications to inform you about our software applications, services, discounts, new products, new features and capabilities, etc. We store such information as long as the above-mentioned purpose exists. You can object at any time to collecting and processing your personal data for this purpose by contacting us as specified under the “Contact Us” heading below.
1.2. Device and Usage Data:
We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with the Website. For example, we may collect:
• Device, connectivity and configuration data. We collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to the Website. It includes data about the operating system, browser type, and number of clicks, domain name and country/state of Users. It also includes IP address, regional and language settings.
• Error reports and performance data. We collect data about the performance of the Website and any problems you experience with it. Depending on your settings, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”) can include data such as the type or severity of the problem, details of the software or hardware related to an error.
EffectiveSoft has a legitimate interest in offering products and services that better meet the needs and desires of the Users, as well as a legitimate interest in maintaining and improving the performance of the Website. We may use this data mentioned above to provide and improve our services we offer to you, to maintain and continually improve our Website and its performance, including adding new features or capabilities, to diagnose problems in the Website you use. We use, for example, error reports to improve security features, search queries and clicks to improve the relevancy of the search results, usage data to determine what new features to prioritize. We store such information as long as the above-mentioned purpose exists. You can object at any time to collecting and processing your personal data for this purpose by contacting us as specified provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
2. How We Use Personal Data
In addition to some specific ways of usage provided above, we may use information that we receive for the following purposes:
• know your and other users’ preferences in order to better personalize our offers, offer products and services that better meet your and other users’ needs and desires, to provide personalized content and information to you and others in different forms of marketing;
• maintain and improve the performance of the Website;
• provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Website;
• develop and test new features of the Website;
• diagnose or fix technology problems;
• keep our systems secure;
• maintain appropriate business and financial records. We don’t make automated decisions about you on the basis of the information we collect.
3. How We Store and Process Personal Data
Personal data collected by EffectiveSoft may be stored and processed in the United States, where EffectiveSoft hosts its Web services, and (or) in any other country where EffectiveSoft and (or) its affiliates and subsidiaries and (or) service providers maintain facilities. Thus, the information collected through the Website may be stored and processed in storage locations situated in other countries that may be outside the country you live and (or) may not have the same data protection laws as your country. So, we may transfer personal data for storage and processing from the EU or European Economic Area to other countries as mentioned above, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts and standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, to help ensure your rights and protections with your data.
If you access and use the Website, you consent to the storage and processing of your personal data in storage locations situated in the USA, as well as you consent that your personal data may be transferred across borders to other countries, in which EffectiveSoft, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and (or) service providers maintain facilities, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection.
EffectiveSoft retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the services through the Website and fulfill the actions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The exact terms for retention are provided under the “Personal Data We Collect” heading above.
4. Information We Share
We may share your information with EffectiveSoft-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share personal data with our service providers (third-party organizations that help us maintain the Website, store and process the data, and provide our services). In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose; as well as such companies are given access to your personal data only if it is reasonably necessary and under strict confidentiality terms. EffectiveSoft’s affiliates and subsidiaries, and (or) service providers may be located either in the USA or other countries or jurisdictions (please, read “How we store and process personal data” Section of this policy).
Furthermore, we may share your information in response to a legal request, if the law requires us to do so. We may also share information when it is possible to detect and (or) prevent fraud or other illegal activity.
5. What Safeguards We Use
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected secure. We put in place the following safeguards and technologies that allow us to prevent and detect information disclosures:
• Confidentiality agreements with EffectiveSoft’s affiliates and subsidiaries, and (or) service providers;
• Data storage and transfer minimization strategies;
• Information security policies and standards;
• Firewall technologies;
• Database audit and access protection;
• Training and different awareness measures in order to ensure that our employees, affiliates and subsidiaries, and (or) service providers are accessing and processing your information in conformity with applicable data protection laws.
EffectiveSoft cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to EffectiveSoft or guarantee that this information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
6. How to Access and Control Your Personal Data
If your personal information is protected by EU data protection law, you have the following data protection rights which you may be able to exercise by contacting EffectiveSoft using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below:
• If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting EffectiveSoft.
• In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask EffectiveSoft to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information by contacting EffectiveSoft.
• You have the right to object to marketing communications that EffectiveSoft sends you at any time. You can exercise this right by contacting EffectiveSoft at any time. Furthermore, EffectiveSoft’s marketing emails have a confidentiality notice provided a reminder of this right mentioned above.
• If EffectiveSoft has collected and processes your personal information based on your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing EffectiveSoft conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, EffectiveSoft may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. EffectiveSoft tries to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, EffectiveSoft will notify you and keep you updated.
This website may contain links to various third party websites. EffectiveSoft has no control over, and is not responsible for the content, privacy policies or reliability of such sites.
The effective date of the Updated Policy will be the time of posting, or the later date specified in the Updated Policy. The Updated Policy will be applied to your use of the Website from the effective date as mentioned above.
10. Contact Us
4445 Eastgate Mall, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Or by e-mail: email@example.com
Unless otherwise stated, EffectiveSoft Corporation is a data controller for personal data we collect subject to this policy. Our address is EffectiveSoft Corporation, 4445 Eastgate Mall, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92121, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
To find EffectiveSoft’s affiliates and subsidiaries, please, see https://www.effectivesoft.com/contacts.html